When you're learning how to do the splits
, you must try to stretch every day. Stretching will help increase your flexibility in order to achieve a perfect split. The following step-by-step guide is a complete straddle stretch routine. This stretch routine will provide a great stretch through your hamstrings, inner thighs, torso, shoulders, back, calves and feet. Try to sneak these straddle stretches into your daily stretch routine...you'll have your splits sooner than you think.
- Sit on the floor in a straddle position.
- Point your feet and straighten your knees.
- With your arms out to the sides, alternate reaching your rib cage toward your left and right sides.
- Try to keep your hips flat on the floor.
- Keep your back straight and neck long to feel a nice stretch through your torso and shoulders.