The Bottom Line
- Excellent ballroom dancing performances.
- Shows the tough work it takes to be a ballroom dancer.
- Family-friendly, intense competition.
- The women wear skimpy, revealing outfits.
- Reality-based ballroom dancing competition.
- Celebrities and professional dancers are paired together.
- Viewers vote on their favorite couples.
- Judges' scores and viewers' votes determine a final winner.
Guide Review - Dancing with the Stars
Each week, the dancing pairs perform a new dance style in front of a panel of judges (and a live studio audience.) The expert judges score the performances. Viewers are also allowed to judge the performances by voting for them. Depending on the scores, one team will be eliminated each week. The competition continues until one winner is left standing.
Dancing with the Stars offers viewers a chance to see the various styles of ballroom dancing. Non-dancers realize that dancing is a skill that can be learned, although it takes a lot of practice.