From the article: How to Do Splits
Do you have any suggestions or special exercises for doing the splits? Are there any special stretches that have helped you gain the flexibility needed for splits? Share your tips and tricks for learning how to do the splits. Share Your Tips
- If you wanna be a cheerleader you've got to at least know how to do a cartwheel. I hope you can be one.
- —Guest bebe jordan
- I am on drill team and want to be captain next year. I have successfully gotten my right split 2 days ago, but my left and center.... are disasters. My left feels awkward and has to be done several times just to get down to where I know I can be without pain. My center just hurts and when I stretch for it, it feels like my right side is cold and unstretched and my left is blazing warm and flexible. The best I have done was on a game day and the whole team stretched together 10 times and in between stretching did our tiring kick routine multiple times, I was so warm that I did my right with no pain, was 2 inches from my left, and 4 from my center. Now here is the kicker... I mentioned I wanted to be captain. Well, my coach has made it a tradition that the captain should have their middle so they can do it in the Official Picture. Well, I don't! And my competition... well, she has ALL her splits! I need HELP!
- —Guest Drill Teamer
- Don't stretch everyday stretch intensely 3 or 4 days a week instead of 7 days a week cause you need to give your body time to relax
- —Guest Nicole
key to help u do the splits
- If u sit up against a wall and have a friend or family member push your legs back every 5 min and hold them there untill it dont hurt anymore it will help you do the splits and every day u should be able to go back further
- —Guest kelsea
- I cant do splits because scared my legs could be broke V_V
- —Guest Kylie
its all about form
- i was so close to my splits for a while and i thought i would never get them, but when i had a guest artist teach my class he told me to atraighten my back, lift my hands off the ground above my head, turn both my feet out and let gravity pull me. i did exactly that and went easily down into my full split. i suggest trying that and it will most likely work from expierience.
- —Guest zoe
- my instructor had us put matts under our front and back (both feet) to over stretch our splits, so they would be over extending. After coming off of a bad muscle tear, I haven't lost any flexibility thanks to my over extension.
- —Guest Rachel
Left out and Embarrest
- Every other person from my dance group can do the splits, except for me. My boyfriend keeps watching me fail through the window, and I'm SO embarrest! Please help.
- —Guest Krystal
- all i can say, is trying doing and looking up different strattle stretches
- —Guest Charlie
jumping into your splits
- i had been steching for week and then finaly i decided i woul jump in the air exstend my leggs and land and i made it into my splits
- —Guest brittany
- I am 2 inches away from the middle splits, do u know any tips or stretches that will help
- —Guest Julyliv
- im 12 and dont know how to do the spilts and am steching every night and i never giving up
- —Guest alexus harreell
dying to be cheerleader
- DO NOT wear slippery socks or on slippery ground you can severley hurt yourself p.s i dying to be a cheerleader and i need to be able to do a bow and arrow ( look it up )
- —Guest TJB19
- I just stretch and then slide down and I didn't know how to do one until I tried that and I am basically there
- —Guest angie
- I'm very close to my splits (1 inch) and I want to get them by tonight. I'm only 10 and i've been stretching for 45 minutes for the past 2 weeks, NOTHING IS CHANGING!! I need help and tips, please!!
- —Guest Dido123
1-15 of 674Next