From the article: How to Do Splits
Do you have any suggestions or special exercises for doing the splits? Are there any special stretches that have helped you gain the flexibility needed for splits? Share your tips and tricks for learning how to do the splits. Share Your Tips
Ex Dancer, but is fit
- Back in 2006-2008 from kinder till end of grade one I did dancing because my dad was only working and my mum was still doing her exams on her junior doctoring job. So she was free to take me to extra sport lessons than my essential ones so I did dancing for 3 years and my teacher sent my stretches I had to do to gain my flexibility so I did those stretch and soo I became so flexible I went in to any kind of splits. By the mid year of prep and I was successful in every recital. But soon when my mum's job was announced by the end of my first grade and so she got busy so I had to stop dancing. Now and then I still exersice, warmup and keep very fit but I can't do the splits any more is there any special stretches that can help me gain them quicker, I am turning 13 this and in grade 7 I am in normal flexible but can't get my splits which I need help with!
- —Guest Swetha Gollapalli
- Well I only done the splits yesterday, how do I keep them? I really want to keep being able to them but I don't know how
- —Guest dancelover922
- In my cheer squad we make sure we stretch our less obedient legs more harder so there even with our other,also when your stretching try distract yourself so you can push further (music, tv etc) I'm about 10cm of my left splits and need them by tomorrow as I'm going to a cheer camp,could some of you name some good stretches for me to do and ones that really stretch your leg? Thank you,and good luck for getting the splits haha x x x
- —Guest AmyMorgs
Middle Splits Mojo
- For middle splits, if you already have your left and right... do those first. Then do the straddle stretch and get as flat as you can. Then do butterflies and press your knees down with your elbows. Then put your legs together in a pike and smell your knees. Try the frog. (Search it up) And best of all... Like a ballerina, turn out both feet. Both of you feet, heels and toes, should be on one straight line. Use the floor for balance. Push out your knees with your elbows. From there do side lunges. Again, the leg that's out's heel should be the only thing on the floor and the other leg should be one the same line, heel and toe. Your knee should be in line with the foot creating a right angle. Try to get your elbows on the floor in front of you. Do both sides. Then lie on your back next to a wall. Your butt should be perfectly on the wall. Open your legs to a straddle and push your legs open by reaching up and pulling each leg down. Hold for 5 Minutes. Then try your middle splits.
- —Guest :)
- How do i get my middle split av bin tryin it 4 months nw
- —Guest Private
- I tough my lil sis friends to do the splits in a day and they where not that close (about 10cm) And now my sis was trying for 8 months and now it;s just sad. I am on the other hand about 5 inc's away. Can you help me and my sis she is very very.... jealous.
- —Guest teacher
- So i see you can't get the splits and your really low! Well maybe i could help! So what I do is hold my stretches a song long. Meaning I hold my stretches til the song is over. Another stretch that I do is I'd go in to my lunge position then put my head or my chin on my knee and slide down. It made get way lower! So try these tips and you should be able to do a split in around a month or less. Do them at least twice a day. Hope i helped!
- —Guest danceluver12
- hey i have been streching for to days andat school i did the splits like four times now its bin to days and i cant do them any more my frunt leg hurts so bad help me
- —Guest sexy Areona alirez
- I have both of my front splits and have just 1 inch to my middle. What you should know for your splits is 1) Proper form. Front: Make sure your hips are squared and your back leg knee is facing down and on the ground. If it's not facing the ground, it will make it harder to square your hips and it may make it easier to get down... but your not really doing a REAL split. 2) Stretch EVERYDAY. I spend 45 min. to and hour stretching everyday. 3) Over splits help. Just don't push too far and hurt yourself. 4) If you are sore, don't decide not to stretch that day. Just stretch slowly. 5) Stretch at least 20 minutes before attempting any split. 6) Hold your split for at least 30 sec. everytime you go into it, no matter what. 7) Attempt you split at least 3 times. 8) Go into your split from different positions. It spices things up. 9) Change up your stretching routine. Add or subtract new stretches. Your body can get used to a routine and stop gaining flexibility. 10) Be Patient, splits r hard
- —Guest Gift
i carnt dop the splits
- I follow all the tips on google but I struggle to do what they expect but I was wondering is there any other tips you would concider giving me?
- —Guest chloe
Tips to make you do splits faster
- Hi, I'm a dancer and I'm 16 years old and I compete nationally so I know all the tricks! Best way to get splits is stretching out your hamstrings. Lay on your back and slowly pull one leg towards your head for each side. The best way I found getting my splits was to put your front leg on a roller and just sit in the splits for 7 minutes, any longer and it may cause some pain. You'll notice an automatic increase in your flexibility. Also breath well whilst doing this stretch. If you get a Physio, get them to massage out your back to release some of the nerves in your back, this one usually works straight away. Hope this information has been helpful. For more tips email me : firstname.lastname@example.org
- —Guest Gabby Tooma
Don't hold it.
- One of the biggest mistakes you can have doing your splits is that you hold it for a long time. This will just stretch out your nerves and they next day you find it's hard to get down in that split again. What I've found works the best is doing dynamic stretches and then doing my splits for a short amount of time. It also helps to strengthen your legs and supporting muscles like your core and back. It works.
- —Guest Name
I know some stuff
- Hi. I know some tips for splits. You should stretch every day but don't over do it. By using pillows you put them under the groin area and use enough that you can sit comfortably. Then slowly, while still in the split, take away a pillow. You should get further down. Every day use less and less pillows until you don't need any and you should get flat in splits in about a month.
- —Guest Anonymous
- I'm almost down, but I can't get the last few inches. HHEELLPP!!
- —Guest -Guest Keri
- For anyone trying to get there left or right split and is stuck or finding it painful, I suggest straightening the back leg. I mean basically pointing it and really making that leg tight. Then use your arms to lift yourself up and go down further, sliding down really good.
- —Guest Try This
1-15 of 703Next