Do you have any suggestions or special exercises for doing the splits? Are there any special stretches that have helped you gain the flexibility needed for splits? Share your tips and tricks for learning how to do the splits. Share Your Tips
- i used to be able to do splits when i was eight then i lost them. i am now 13 and need at least one of my front splits in two months. i am 8 inches left olin my right split and 10 inches in my left split. :( i stretch everyday for 30 minutes any tips?
- —Guest girl
I need my splits in two weeks and i cant
- please please please help me i need my right splits for eisteddfod! :.......(
- —Guest Amber Gately
Doing the splits for cheerleading
- I want to be a cheerleader next yer and can't do te splits. I can almost do a middle split with my right leg but not the center splits at all! Please help! I wanna make the team next year and wanna get the splits down.
- —Guest Lovecats
- Just work hard. I have been stretching for over 3 months and I am now able 2 do my centre splits! I suggest that you wear leggings an thick socks so you can slide down easier an there is less friction.
- —Guest Splits help
- I've been looking through Google for stretches to begin my split training. And never found any example of stretches for splits. Help me be the first guy to do the splits at my school. PLEASE!
- —Guest Eugene Chubb
getting the splits
- Stretch on a regular basis and always warm up before stretching because stretching cold legs doesn't improve flexibility. Motivate yourself by reminding yourself of your goal and by looking at your progress and benefits. Don't stop believing. It's possible.
- —Guest bobo
- Don't over stretch because it makes your legs ache and you won't be able to do the splits for a few days. However do the splits everyday because when I was 8 I cloud do right left and centre but I can't do them anymore
- —Guest Hbjnkmmoo,,o
almost there !
- l'm so close to my right split. All i do is stretch morning and evening. I'm only 5 inches away.
- —Guest petra
- So you want to get your splits, huh?
1)Determine how badly you want your splits. Do you just want them because everybody else has theirs and you feel jealous or left out? Do you just want to feel cool? Or are you reaching for a goal and will do anything to get there?
2)Look up every stretch there is. Use the internet and Youtube. Find the stretches you like and help you and do those. (Though I recommend doing every stretch, just to be safe)
3)U have to stretch either EVERYDAY or EVERY OTHER DAY. U can't get ur splits if u don't stretch.
4)Stretch slowly. And I mean, turtle slow. U need time to do everything. Repeat stretches. Feel the pull and how ur muscles start to loosen after.
5)Stretch and ONLY stretch for 30 min to an hour. Don't attempt any splits yet.
6) After the 30 min are up, u should feel warm and loose. Then and ONLY then should u attempt a split. Hold them for a minute each. This is where the dedication comes in. It will hurt. Do u want your splits or not? If so, hold i
- —Guest Dance Captain
- Hi! I have all 3 splits, and I know they can take a while, but they are so great when you get them! For right and left, lunges are great. Also, just holding it helps. It hurts at first, but try to do 30 seconds, then a minute the next day and so on. Another thing that will help a lot with right and left splits will be getting your middle splits. Middle splits are the hardest for most people, but once you get them you can feel the difference. For middle splits, a stretch I love a lot is wall splits. Lay on your back on the floor against a wall with your head facing away from the wall. Go into straddle splits against the wall. And hold. And hold. And hold. If it hurts really bad, you should stop, but it should hurt a little after a while. If you really want good splits fast, have someone push your legs to the floor. This feels like some torture method, but if you can handle more pain and you really want splits, then I would suggest this. DO NOT push to hard, though! Respect your limi
- —Guest DancerChloe12
middle splits advice
- I have been about 4- 3 cm off the ground in middle splits for about a year. I need advice to getting that last few cm's.
- —Guest Em
Hey time for ya splits:)
- The first thing you need to do is stretch every day consistently this will improve your flexibility and do stretches like your straddle and lunges put your legs up and stretch them as far apart as you can this seriously helps bye gals :)
- —Guest Let's dance for God
How to get your splits
- 1st you need to stretch everyday what I recommend is sitting on the floor up against a wall and doing a straddle stretch it really helps good luck gals :)
- —Guest Dancer a+100%
why does this happen
- every day i strech but i still cant do the splits right my back leg alwase starts to bend i watch videos i do the strech but my back leg still tends to bend
- —Guest jasmine muldrow
- A couple months ago I was no where near doing the splits but I was determined. It takes time but now im almost there! While sitting on the floor put your right legs out in front of you. Then with the other leg bend it so it on the floor and your knee is pointing toward the left. the space between each of your legs should be a 90 degree angle then reach for your right legs toes. repeat with the other side. This stretch is quite painful so be careful. It helps a lot on your road to getting your splits!
- —Guest anonomys