Do you have any suggestions or special exercises for doing the splits? Are there any special stretches that have helped you gain the flexibility needed for splits? Share your tips and tricks for learning how to do the splits. Share Your Tips
It needs prectice
- The way I learned was from YouTube and google try that some times your knee will hurt you the is know prob it means it's stretching
- —Guest Dorsa
- I want to knew how to do a split correct for my first try with lock of pains
- Plz help me! I need my splits in a month but I'm a foot of the ground! Plz help me!
- —Guest Harry
- i used to be able to do splits when i was eight then i lost them. i am now 13 and need at least one of my front splits in two months. i am 8 inches left olin my right split and 10 inches in my left split. :( i stretch everyday for 30 minutes any tips?
- —Guest girl
I need my splits in two weeks and i cant
- please please please help me i need my right splits for eisteddfod! :.......(
- —Guest Amber Gately
Doing the splits for cheerleading
- I want to be a cheerleader next yer and can't do te splits. I can almost do a middle split with my right leg but not the center splits at all! Please help! I wanna make the team next year and wanna get the splits down.
- —Guest Lovecats
- Just work hard. I have been stretching for over 3 months and I am now able 2 do my centre splits! I suggest that you wear leggings an thick socks so you can slide down easier an there is less friction.
- —Guest Splits help
Don't rush it
- I have been taking dance at a place that is intense and you need to be flexible enough to kick your leg up to your shoulder. Some people think it's easy and then they tear a muscle. Go online, or just lunge, do straddle, or just plain practice, but the thing is you don't want to tear a muscle. Warm up first. Do a jog around your house, kick up your knees and run in place. Go on a treadmill, or you'll end up wishing you hadn't done all of those stupid videos that tell you that you can do it in a day, because you tore a muscle. Also, don't stretch too hard, or you'll hurt yourself.
- —Guest Emma
Correct form is key
- Make sure your hips are squared, not turned out. If you already have splits and are turned out, get on one knee and slide down without turning out and where you stop is where you stay!
- —Guest Reagan
Just a tip
- Just a tip: don't join a cheerleading team or whatever if you can't already do the splits and need to learn how to do them fast. It takes time to do the splits, and patience. Just keep on stretching and don't give up.
- —Guest dancerrrrr
- It takes hours of practice to do a split but you'll get there if you try stretching regularly.
- —Guest guest rihanna
- I'm 12 and I can do the splits, but whenever I don't stretch. It hurts to be a showoff knowing how to do the splits.
- —Guest Bubblez
How to regain my splits.
- So I had my splits, then I pulled my hamstring a couple weeks ago and I can't go very far past a lunge. I need my splits for cheer. I need some help.
- —Guest A person
Can everydody do it?
- Can everyone do the splits or is it part of their genes or something? Because I can't seem to get it no matter how hard I try. Some people get to the splits in three weeks!
- —Guest mindlessbehavior
- I'm 12 and have been practicing every day for about a month now and just about an hour ago I got my back leg straight. Now I'm on the ground doing my splits. The way you can do this is to always stretch. I stretch before school, at break, and after school. Or when I'm waiting for a bus. This really works. Also you can practice while watching TV because watching TV will take the pain off your mind and the next thing you know, you have your splits. I hope this works for you guys and I hope all is accomplished.
- —Guest shanice