- What happens when attempting the front splits I don't put my hands on the floor to stop myself from going further when it really hurts? Is that what you're supposed to do to to reach the full potential of your split?
- —Guest Emma
Omg so close!!!
- Everyday I stretch to about 2 inches away but I can't get any further! I have tried over splits, they helped a tiny bit, but I really need help!!! I stretch for about 2 hours a day every day, but it isn't making a difference!!! I am so frustrated!! Any tips!!!!!! I really need help!
- —Guest Grace
I feel like i am hurting myself
- I am about to start ballet and I want to be able to do the splits.I can do my front splits if I push myself and stretch for a while first,but only on the right leg.thestretch itself hurts but it isn't what is really bothering me. On the upper back of my leg right next to the buttox it feels tight or like it is ripping and I cant get it to stretch. It just hurts really bad like I am smashing something. What should I do?
- —Guest Apple
- Don't worry,your friend got it faster than you,because she probably has it in her blood,but all you have to do is push yourself,but not to hard!!!I have my left split and are really close to my right HERES WHAT YOU DO:do butterflies,also try to to down as hard as you can go, but stay their for about two mins.Do that every hour one day then the next day do it for only a little amont of time I promise you that they Willie get better,but practice makes perfect,but ifyou slack you get held back!!
- —Guest Imgoodd!!!
- I'm about 7cm off the ground I think :( I've been stretching a lot but do you have any tips to help me?
- —Guest Claire
Hope it works!
- I have been practicing how to do a split for the past couple of days. I hope these tips and suggestions work and I will succeed at doing a split.
- —Guest liligirl
This works to get your splits
- Here is a way to get the splits: First, warm up and stretch. Then go into a lunge keeping your front leg parallel to your foot and your back leg straight and as far back as it can go. Lift your arms into the air, then lean back and make your nose touch your knee. Then try to go into the splits...you should notice a difference.
- —Guest Maya
- Put your legs straight out in front of you. Get your face as close to your knees as possible then just keep taking deep breaths and leaning forward until your nose touches your knees. Do this for about a week and eventually your legs will loosen up and you'll be able to do a split.
- —Guest hayleigh
- I am like so close to my splits. I'm like an inch away!
- —Guest Linda
- I've been stretching for about four or five hours every day for two and a half weeks! I'm ALMOST there, only three inches off the ground! I'm trying o get my splits because I'm going to a VERY fancy dance school this year and then I was like, everyone else probably already has their splits! So what I've been doing is warming up first, doing some jumping jacks and jogging, and then start my stretch routine. But the most effective thing has to be wall splits. Wall splits are when you go as close to the wall as you can and then spread you legs into a straddle, like you sitting on the wall.(this is for middle splits only) For my side splits I just lay flat on the ground, take one leg up and take it as close to my face as possible without bending my knee. Hope this helped!
- —Guest 10 year dancer
i dont know how
- I am not in anything but I want to be a cheerleader, but I am not flexible at all. But I have been practicing.
- —Guest mar...riah
Back leg twists
- I'm trying to get my splits but my back leg keeps twisting around and it's stopping me from getting into the splits.
- —Guest guest
I'm not flexible
- I'm not in dance or cheerleading but I did take dance for a year and then went to soccer. I really want to be able to do the splits. All of my friends can.
- —Guest hshshskksjsnasuc
- I have always been trying to do the splits. I'm like half a foot away.
- —Guest Sneaky Virus
- All I had to do was stretch a couple of hours and I could do the splits.
- —Guest Cheyennewhitlow