Ouch! Most dancers have suffered an injury...one minute you're dancing, the next minute you're on the floor. What's the worst dance injury you've ever had? Share your story with others.
Share Your Dance Injury
i have to quit
- i've been dancing all my life, and i just finish my first year at norways best danceschool just now.. last summer my knee was dislocate and i tore a hole bucnh of things in my knee.. the doctors told me i would never be able to dance again i would only make it worse... i guess they were right, because now it have happend again.. i have dedicated all my life to dance, i've lost all of my friends because i love dance more, and i always choose dance before anything... now my carrier is gone and i don't know what to do.. i bassically have nothing left.. i pushed all of my friends and family away.. they almost don't speak to me. Be careful about your injurys... don't push it
- —Guest amanda
- I am 13 turning 14 in a few days. I got my side aerial a few weeks ago but I can't get it now. I have been trying really hard and I keep landing on my ankle wrong. I keep twisting my ankle and falling to my knees. But I just get back up and try it again. This keeps happening over and over again. I went to the doctor a long time ago and I got x-rays. They said it was just loose ligaments. But now that I'm doing them everyday they are hurting a lot more. I have gotten loose ligaments a long time ago, probably about 3 years ago, and the doctors sent me to physical therapy. They have never stopped hurting since but I am determined to get my aerial again
- —Guest Shaylah
- I'm 15 and I dislocated my knee cap half way and I have a show in 6 weeks I get my cast off next week and then physio I should be fully recovered for the show but please wish me luck!! This is not going to stop me dancing i am determined to come back stronger than ever!!!
- —Guest Dancer
- After dancing for 10 years I was going across the floor as usual. I'm 17,also. I reached my hands up as I was going to do a drop back, when my supporting leg (left) made a huge pop sound and I fell on the floor. I went to the hospital and I tore my meniscus. My annual recital is in 3 weeks. My recovery time should be a while.
- —Guest Jasmine
- I landed on my knee really hard knee cap during dance, it really hurts and idk what to do
- —Guest Teleah
- I did a couple hand stands did another one then came down and there was a sharp pain
- —Guest Kay George
- I have always had pretty bad knees throughout my many years of dancing and competing, and I have definitely had my fair share of knee subluxations & dislocations on both of my knees. This past Saturday I was teaching a parent and tot class (we were pretending to be frogs at the time) when my right knee popped out, then later that night I was working on choreography for one of my older classes I was doing a Russian split jump towards the right (to see if it worked with what I had choreographed prior to that) when my left knee suddenly popped out. I would have to say this is by far my worst dance injury to date. Two dislocations in one day is not fun at all and is a VERY VERY VERY painful experience I can tell you that!
- —Guest DancerKnees
Dance is a beatiful nightmare
- I've been dancing since I was five and I've pulled muscles, I've broken my leg, dislocated both of my knees several times, I get back pain and ankle pain all the time so dance both saved me and ruined me but I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world
- —Guest Sofia
;( my toe
- I had really bad ingrown toenails so I went to get one removed from surgery during the summer. The doctor shoved medicine to kill the nail bed down to my knuckle. He shoved it way too far. Now I can bend my toe and its extremely painful and I have another ingrown on the same toe and I cant put any pressure at all on my toe and it even hurts to wear socks and its keeping me away from point and im really really upset. I want to do pointe really bad and I want to be a dancing teacher but im scared I wont be able to because of the stupid doctor that messed up my life.
- —Guest Jamie
- I did an Ariel and I landed on my right knee. I went down pretty hard, and I tried to get up and it just wouldn't work. A day later it was still hurting and swollen. I went to the hospital and it turned out I had been dancing with a fractured knee for a week.
- —Guest Kelseythedancer
Stress fracture in back (lumber)
- I have to take 5 more weeks no dance it only hirts when I bend back and a little forward
- —Guest Sophiadance
My groin/ Hip Flexor is injured badly
- My groin/hip flexor has been hurting for 4 days so far and it hurts to do pretty much anything especially dance related stuff!! What do I do? Like it hurts to bad and I have competition starting in a few weeks - I need this to be fixed fast please and thank you :)
- —Guest Dancerprobs101
Cut open Ankle
- When I was 10, I was practicing for a dance presentation that my dance school was asked to do. I was in my living room, had the music up and did a cartwheel, and I fell into the stainless steel curved fireplace, slicing my ankle open badly in two places pretty deep. Fat cells were hanging out and thick skin was hanging off. I was on crutches for a few days and had it all stuck together and bandaged. It didn't heal for two months but I still danced around a bit. I now have a disgusting scar. I'm very clumsy.
- —Guest Dancer Shannon
- My 15 year old is in extreme pain her abs tore during rehearsal tonight
- —Guest horton
- I've been dancing for a very long time but recently I've noticed that my bug toe joint hurts after I finish dancing. It's very painful and I have no idea why this is happening. Help!!
- —Guest guest dancer