- I was doing my roght healstretch and i hear a pop and my butt muscle is in searing pain now. Help!
- —Guest Theresa
- Well I'm 13 and about 2 months ago I hurt my right knee and I haven't bend it seens it hurts like crazy and I can't bend it. I was doing bar splits and hit my knee on the bar and fell to the ground cause it hurt soo bad. It really swollen so my my tasked me to get an xray I get the results nothing is wrong. But why can't I bend it? They send me to an orthopedic but they say nothing is wrong and all they can do and send me to physical therapy. She the only who thought about getting and mri soo she ordered one and I have to go tomorrow to get it done. I'm scared to death cause she said there could be torn ligament which can't be seen in a X-ray! All I want to do is get better and go back to dance. It's my passion. Hope I get all go news and can bend my knee again!
- —Guest Sara
- I didn't stretch properly and went right into a scorpion, I have messed up my hip and currently doing yoga to stretch it. I hope it gets better as I love dancing/cheer.
- —Guest AP
- I'm 12 years old and have been dancing for 11 years. I was in a ballet exam a couple weeks ago and at the start of the exam, at the barre, I went into my first exercise (pliés) and as I bent down, I heard my left hip pop! It killed the entire exam but I still did it. I didn't do PE the following Monday but did dance on Wednesday. Halfway through the lesson, I heard it pop again and had to sit out! After that, went to the doctors and issued me for an x ray! After a 3 week christmas break of no PE or dance, yesterday was my first lesson back and I feel as good as new!
- —Guest Yazoo
- I was eleven when I tore my left ACL, doing a spin, while someone was beside me. Her leg jabbed into my knee as I was spinning. My knee was bent and I fell down in pain. When I tried to get up, the pain was too bad so I just sat there at cried. PATHETIC...I KNOW
- —Guest Dancer2222
- I'm actually really lucky....I've never done anything career ending. About....I want to say for to five years ago, I decided to do a cartwheel in my living room. I'd done it before, and since I'm usually practicing dance in some form in the house I'd become an expert in how to dance with complicated moves in tight spaces. But I miscalculated this time and hit my ankles really hard-- my left on the table, my right on the floor. For three days I was barely able to walk because I twisted them, but even now my ankles are pretty sensitive and I twist or aggravate one about a minimum of twice a month. I have a couple of good quality braces that I use every now and again, but I know by now I'll never actually get to be on pointe....though since I don't actually enjoy ballet anyway (I'm a contemperary/jazz dancer), this doesn't affect me too much. However, some moves that require a ton of ankle strength also require a ton of repetition, more than most people, if I'm to accomplish it.
- —Guest Maggie
- When I was 7 I got my Aerials and I was super excited so I went outside on the concrete to try them after class and landed really hard on my left wrist. I was running into it really hard so my slammed it down pretty bad. All I remember was crying as my older sister (then 11) ran inside to get an adult, my dance teacher told me no to do it, my wrist still hurts when I put pressure on it, 3 years later!!
- —Guest Dancer1276
- My worst injury was when I was on stage performing!! My class and I where doing a jazz peace and I was going into a split, I hadn't had a lot if time to stretch before the show and when I went to bend my back leg and look back I felt it pop out I was so scared I had to pop it back into place on stage and then limp off. So always remember to stretch before you try to do anything flexible!!
- —Guest Renee
- I've been dancing from the age of 3 years and now 15. It is my life and have never wanted it as bad as I do now. However 6 weeks ago I dislocated my knee in a dancing lesson. After a painful hour wait for the ambulance with it still dislocated they put it back in place and the relief was huge. I was preparing myself to audition for dance colleges and had an up-coming festival which I could no longer participate in. I was gutted and am still out of dancing now. I start physio tomorrow but I'm terrified it is going to take longer than I expect to heal. It has been a long 6 weeks, and I don't think I can cope with it being any longer. Just got to pray I hear what I want to tomorrow!
- —Guest 1998
- I have been in dance for 9 years! I recently was doing a turn and my knee stayed in one spot as my body turned and I fell to the ground. My knee cap got bruise and I sprained and dislocated the knee cap.
- —Guest Samantha
dont know what to do about it
- i was in dance class for 1st period and my real dance teacher was back from having her baby so we had to leap across the floor and i did a real leap like the real dancers but after that day my leg started to hurt so now when i do any warm ups my leg would have a sharp pain to the point where i really cant do anything now. im so worried
- —Guest dancer9941
Over all pain
- I have been working on my splits, but something's holding me back, I'm so sore one day I can do them but the other day I'm far from it, are my muscles going to be like this forever!
- —Guest Jane
Tendinitis and Sprained Ankle
- When I was 8 I sprained my ankle (I'm 13 now) and I just danced it off, because it didn't really hurt. I was having LOTS of pain in both my ankles. I couldn't twist them, I could point them. Everything hurt. I went to the doctors and they diagnosed me with having tendinitis. It's in your tendons and it's extremely painful. Also, recently, I have been having pain in my hip. Whn ever I do turns or high kicks and leaps, my hip pops and cracks and can be very painful. They also diagnosed me with having tendinitis in both my ankles AND my hip. I have to wear a brace for 1 month and sit out of dance. Worst month is ahead.
- —Guest Alexa
- This had started happening a month ago and it keeps coming back.I was practicing my solo for showcase itwas fine but when I went to go do my a la seconde turns I went on relevay the pleaye and I fell because my knee started hurting and it keeps happening every wednesday and showcase is in 7 days.
- —Guest Sanii
- My mum was able to afford dance classes when I was little but now she can't. I still practise everyday though. Yesterday we had a dance class at school, I was so exicted. I got though the entire session even though I had toncellistis. I woke up an hour ago and I'm so sore. I just realise that I forgot to stretch before and after. Now my legs hurts, my back, my bum and my feet are killing me.
- —Guest Dance rocks