- you should not go on point unles youre feet are ready
- —Guest Hannah
- I am dancing whith 14 15 16 17 and 18 year olds if my feet were ready I would be on point but they are not hopfuly next year
- —Guest hannah
14, but I really want to do ballet
- I have been wanting to dance since I was young,but now my mom says that it is too late for me to start ballet. I am so sad! But I read about someone who started when they were 25. Im not very flexible, but more flexible then my friends who did ballet when they were younger. I have also been working on my flexibility.
- —Guest Finn
- I am 14 and started a few months ago, taking private lessons, now I am done with my private and my teacher things I am ready to join a proper class tonight! I am very nervous, as everyone in the class is younger than me, but I don't care as I want to be on stage and if this is going to get me there it's worth it? It's never to late if you are prepared to work hard and believe you can do it.
- —Guest Dancer14
I was 4
- I was years old when i started. Now i am 11 and just got promoted to pointe shoes. Super excited!
- —Guest pointe shoes
I started when I was 4
- I quit for about four years and than when I was 8 I started again
- —Guest Sofie
- Regret. That's what will happen if you don't join. Better late then never!!!
- —Guest Lola
Starting at 12
- I am starting ballet this weekend and I'm really worried and scared. I do other dancing but Ive never done ballet before.... I'm soooooo worried about meeting new people as they will be a lot better then me HELP!!!!!
- —Guest -
- I am starting ballet tomorrow- coincidence- and I just turned twelve. I fell in love with it at 11 when I saw Mara Galaezzi dancing Mayerling ( Misty Copeland is my true inspiration though)but I never dreamed my parents would allow me to do dance- but surprise surprise, they did as my Christmas present . My dance studio seems really welcoming and the teacher even started at age eleven. She did offer for me to start at grade 4!! I think that is a pretty big jump , only because it is where al girls my age will be, but she said I should also try out grade 2. But I'm not fased- as long as I get to fulfill my dream I am happy. I really want to be a proffesional- is that to big a dream...?
- —Guest Eden
started at 14
- i started at 14 and have done quite well follow your dreams wherever they take you
- —Guest bailey
- When I was very little, I started ballet, jazz, Hula and Hip Hop. But I loved ballet the most. Now, I'm 10 and en pointe already.
- —Guest Violet
I did it!
- I started ballet when I was 3 years old. After 10 years of hard work, I finally got on pointe shoes!
- —Guest Niki
eleven years old.
- Hi, I'm only eleven years old and I have Never done ballet (well not since I was five haha!) And I'm doing a higher level than begginers start at, because I would be with 5 year olds probably, but since I kind of taught myself they dont put me beginners! So don't think it's too late to start because today is earliest time to start! Goodluck!
- —Guest Caria Green
Is it too late age 16
- I have done Irish dance since 5, but have recently been unhappy with my program for numerous reasons. I took a beginner ballet class over the summer and want to continue because I loved it and dance in general. Being a professional sounds amazing, but it is probably a dream. Am I too late to be a professional or just to do ballet? I have dance experience, but only minimally in ballet which might help
- —Guest Kris
- well I did ballet when I was 3-4 and then I got a bit older I quit and now at 11 I want to start again but my mom says that I would have to start from the beginning and that may be a bit odd because most kids who start ballet are like 3 or a bit older so I thought I may look a bit odd and people might laugh but then again who cares what people think especially when your doing what u love :)
- —Guest gorgie