- I started ballet when i was 12. Ever since i can remember, I wanted to be a ballet dancer and perform in front of people. I was so obsessed even though my parents told me i wasn't allowed to do it until we could afford it. Many years later ( age 12) i joined but i didn't like being placed with children that were so younger than me so i left and took up netball. But i regret leaving all the time, keep wishing i was still in ballet and dancing my way to paris or something. But i'm 16 nearly 17 and I guess i'm too old to start again :(
- —Guest Meg
Started at 5 hated it now 12 (:
- Started ballet when I was 5 but I wouldn't pay attention and I used the ballet bar as a net to play volleyball over... My teddy bear spent most of its time wearing my leotard and tutu (which had loads of chocolate stains down it) Im tall but super clumsy..in the recital everybody was suppose to be flowers but I was the flower pot
- —Guest amy
3 till 7snow now 13 :(
- I done ballet when I was 3 till I was 7 I quit because I really disliked my teacher I have danced since then I am best in street dance having done lessons for 4 year since I was 8 till 12 and I am pretty good at tap i done it when I was 7 and 8 then done a few lessons at the theater company I am in I picked it up again by the second lesson and was best in the class by my fourth lesson even though there were girls there a lot skinnier than me and who actually done tap lessons outside of the group.I have always loved dancing from a young age and now I really want to start up ballet again I am quite over weight and self consious so I have been putting off asking my parents To enrol me in classes but I just decided to ignore every one else and go for it if its what I want to do so I think if you want to do it you should its up to you what you do and if you love it don't let something as silly as weight or age or height etc put you of because in they end they will be the silly ones :)
- —Guest lola.is.a.nickname?
Getting back into ballet
- I am Caitlin I am 10 years old I whant to start ballet and go to the royal school of ballet.i don't know if I am too old to start it or go to that school it has always been my dream to do ballet as I used to but we started to move a lot I I stopped I really want to get back into it but I am wondering if I have waited for too long too start again
- —Guest Caitlin
Started at 4
- I started ball when I was 4 years old, I'm 12 now and having fun being en pointe(got my shoes last year.) I take 6 classes a week plus rehearsal for my dance school's spring ballet!
- —Guest Jean
Working pays off
- I'm 13 years old and started dancing when I was 7. Even though I've been dancing long, I was always in a class with kids 2 years younger than me. All the girls my age were in the intermediate classes on pointe already. Finally this year I was moved up to the intermediate classes, along with a few younger kids. At first I was upset because I wasn't as good but when I stopped wallowing in self pity and started working harder, it payed off. My dance instructor is finally talking about putting me on pointe, and I've started improving a lot. Just sitting around wishing you were better will never help you. Work hard and it will pay off. Dance is a lot harder than it looks, but I don't know what I would be without it.
- —Guest Livelovedance
17 and in ballet class
- I started dancing at 3 and quite when I was 11. At 17 I decided I wanted to start again because dance was still a big part of me and something I loved to do.
- —Guest Maddi
- I am 17 year's old and I love ballet but I feel like am already to old to start. Can I still be a good ballet dancer or am I too old for it
- —Guest olivia morin
- I am 16 and want to be a ballet dancer is it possible for me
- —Guest olivia morin
- you should not go on point unles youre feet are ready
- —Guest Hannah
- I am dancing whith 14 15 16 17 and 18 year olds if my feet were ready I would be on point but they are not hopfuly next year
- —Guest hannah
14, but I really want to do ballet
- I have been wanting to dance since I was young,but now my mom says that it is too late for me to start ballet. I am so sad! But I read about someone who started when they were 25. Im not very flexible, but more flexible then my friends who did ballet when they were younger. I have also been working on my flexibility.
- —Guest Finn
- I am 14 and started a few months ago, taking private lessons, now I am done with my private and my teacher things I am ready to join a proper class tonight! I am very nervous, as everyone in the class is younger than me, but I don't care as I want to be on stage and if this is going to get me there it's worth it? It's never to late if you are prepared to work hard and believe you can do it.
- —Guest Dancer14
I was 4
- I was years old when i started. Now i am 11 and just got promoted to pointe shoes. Super excited!
- —Guest pointe shoes
I started when I was 4
- I quit for about four years and than when I was 8 I started again
- —Guest Sofie