The quadriceps are the big muscles along the fronts of your thighs. Not only will stretching them prevent them from becoming tight, it will also help to improve your arabesque.
- Lie face down on the floor, with your forehead resting on your arms in front of you.
- Straighten your legs flat on the floor behind you.
- Bend your left leg and grab your left foot with your left hand.
- Gently pull your left foot toward your left glute. Strive to keep your left thigh flat on the floor.
- Make sure to keep your left foot in line with your left thigh.
- Hold the stretch for about 10 seconds, then switch legs.